This project stems from the IT Governance of the European Commission. Its aim is to achieve efficiency gains and service improvements through the introduction of a new corporate IT service.
Some of the tasks:
- The Administrator will be responsible for installation and configuration performance tuning and maintenance of WebLogic, Tomcat and Wildfly application servers.
- He will be responsible for the J2EE software applications and support the users who have any issues in deployment and product usage.
- Furthermore he will troubleshoot infrastructure issues, support the application development cycle involved with application design deploying code and resolving any infrastructure problems, monitoring production and acceptance environment, tuning J2EE application servers to optimize performance and stabilizing and improving JVM performance by tuning the heap size GC policy and connection pools
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent writing and training skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively
- Strong initiative and follow through; ability to work within a team environment.
- Understanding of network protocols TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Good Knowledge of application servers (WEBLOGIC, Tomcat, WildFly).
- Good Knowledge of Database Management (MySQL, Oracle RDBMS).
- Good Knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, XML, SOAP.
- Experience with Linux environments scripting.
Nice to have:
- Middleware products WebLogic, TOMCAT, and Wildfly application server and apache.
- Experience with large scale J2EE deployment java programming or software development life cycle
- Good knowledge of SOA Architecture and Web services (SOAP and REST)
- Experience with SoapUI and free API test tool
- Public key Infrastructure knowledge is nice to have.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- The opportunity to evolve in an international and multi-cultural environment
- A prestigious reference such as the European Commission
- Attractive salary package / rate
- Personal Development, training, grow, creative freedom
- Incentive, team building
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08:00 am and 06:00 pm from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed + Standby service 06:00 pm ---> 08:00 am + weekends and during public and Commission holidays
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Office located in Brussels